The bedroom is your personal space. It is the only room in a house that you don’t have to share with other people. This makes it crucial that the bedroom interior matches your style and personality. It’s more comfortable and relaxing sleeping in a room that reflects your favorite color, style or design compared to sleeping in a stranger’s bedroom.
A lot of people are not using luxury bedrooms as inspiration for their own bedrooms. Luxury bedrooms usually occupy a very large space. However, for people who have small spaces, it doesn’t mean you can’t create a luxurious look in your own home. Luxury is a matter of personal preference. But for those asking, here’s a short list of what you can do to imitate luxury bedroom designs.
Tips on how to create luxury bedrooms in small space
To create a high-style bedroom on a budget, just follow these tips. You don’t have to use all of them, just pick what’s applicable for your bedroom and what matches your style.
- Luxury interiors usually use deep shades. When you’re not sure what color to pick, choose taupe. It speaks high-end and is a very flexible color. It’s versatile so you can match it with other colors you want to use as accent to the room interior.
- Use textures and tones. Spend more on major elements and less on accent pieces. This means invest more time and money on walls, furniture, flooring and ceiling and spend less on accent decors. For example, pick silk bedspreads and buy cheaper throw pillows to complement the fabric.
- Find accent pieces from your current home interior. An old or antique décor can be used as an accent piece in the bedroom. Using bedroom decorations with personal meaning or sentimental value will make your room’s interior more meaningful. It’ll also be more personalized.
- If you’re going for an Asian style in the bedroom, using bamboo stalks will be great. Going for natural room decors like woody stems soaked in a glass vase with water is a nice touch. It’s low-maintenance and creates an organic flow in the bedroom interior.
- Use metal accents. Copper, brass, silver and gold are nice accents. It gives an old-world charm that helps add an earthy feel to the bedroom interior.
- Add bulk to your bed for a more luxurious feel. Buy a thick comforter and a separate decorative cover for the foot of the bed because most luxury rooms create texture by adding decorative fabrics in the bedroom interior.